1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 12:41 PM by Cheri Beckman

Unable to materialize temporary table (not caused by antivirus)

Cheri Beckman

Downloaded trial of Tableau 10 to make sure it works.  Getting "Unable to materialize temporary table" error when connecting a Joined data source to another data source (trying to avoid blending).  Found article about possible connection to antivirus software.  However, I disabled my antivirus software and am still getting the error.  Workbook attached.

• 1. Re: Unable to materialize temporary table (not caused by antivirus)
          Cheri Beckman

Submitted a case for this and this is the response:

In this case, it appears that Tableau creates a temporary table to materialize the join but finds a mismatch between data type and content for one or more fields, for example finding a 'Date' when a 'String' is expected.

This looks to me like an issue with the data join. Moving forward I would check to make sure that the joining fields are the same data type. When connecting to data in a newer, or older, version of Tableau Desktop, sometimes Tableau Desktop interprets the data type differently.

Given the above log entry it looks like Tableau Desktop interpreted a joining field as an integer when it should have been a string.