Questions always will create new questions;)
a. What kind of connection did you use? I assume a "Live" connections which reflects any change in HAHA after refresh in Tableau
b. Re-point on latest package...something like a filter with max(packageID)
c. Is your Tableau landscaped as a "mirror" against SAP HANA or are you using only one Tableau environment?
Thanks for the quick response,
1. Yes, connection is live but still I am facing problem in refreshing the structure , I am using Tableau Desktop 9.3.
2. I am unable to understand how ? Here is my scenario , For personal development , there is one package XYZ , after some round of brain stroming with business once it is finalized it is moved to FINAL package in DEV environment.
So , how will I repoint my tableau file from XYZ\HANA_View_1 to FINAL\HANA_VIEW_1
3. Yes , tableau landscape is a mirror image against SAP HANA .
1 of 1 people found this helpful
1. it's hard to tell what is going wrong. As said a "Live-connection" should reflect latest status in HANA.
2. I assumed that your view contains a field "PackageID". I can't imagine, from the top of my head, a scenario where you will switch from view to the next view.
3. Based on naming-conventions HANA-Views in DQ(A)P-landscape should be identical to recognized by Tableau mirrored applications.
Thanks for the reply for point 3 Norbert
I am still open with question 1 and 2 and most importantly 2.