2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 6:46 AM by Lip-Min Khor

Product attach rate

Lip-Min Khor

Hi,

I am a newbie using Tableau and was having a hard time finding a good solution to this problem. I am trying to work out a sensible attach rate of product B to product A. Here is what I am trying to get to

Question
      Data setIn any quarter of the year what are the attach rate for noodle and coffee to cake?
      CompanyProductQuarterYearHow many times coffee is bought with cakeHow many times noodle is bought with cake
      Acake120150 - as no noodle bought
      Acoffee120151
      Asnack12015
      Acake220150 - as no noodle bought
      Acoffee220151
      Asnack22015
      Bcake320150 - as no noodle bought
      Bcoffee320151
      Bsnack32015
      Bcoffee420150 - as no cake bought in this quarter
      Ccake42015
      Cnoodle420150 - as no coffee bought with cake1
      Total = 3Total = 1
      Attachrate = 3/4 (coffee attach rate to cake)Attachrate = 1/4 (noodle attach rate to cake)

Please can you help advise how I can come up with the calcultion on the right and whether this is already embedded functions in Tableau somewhere to derive this from the dataset on the left?

Thanks

Lip-Min

• 1. Re: Product attach rate
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Lip,

Find my approach based on  Market Basket Analysis as reference below explained here and stored in attached workbook version 9.3

• 2. Re: Product attach rate
            Lip-Min Khor

Hi Norbert,

Sorry for the late reply and many thanks for your help on this, it took me quite awhile to replicate what you have done on the raw dataset that I have, this fits in quite well with what I needed. The only thing is that I think it would be more useful if the data is based on percentile of total itemA pirchase. I notice this relates to support and confidence level, however I couldn't find/get my head around how to achieve this. Some pointers would be greately appreaciated. Many thanks again for your help.

Thanks

Lip-Min