2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 1, 2016 4:55 AM by mortenbodaugaard.jrgensen

Check whether there is improvement of at least 1 level in the grade

Karthik Venkatraman

Hi All,

I have a training institute data in which I will be having student number, Study, assessment grade and days. The concept is every day (Day 1 to day 7) for a single study there will be training happening and at end of training we will have assessment for that study. After Day 7, there will be a new study started and the same process is carried. Based on the assessment a Grade will be assigned.

The Grade data will be 1,2,3,4

What I need is, I need to check whether is there any improvement for the student in the study from Day 1 to day 7.

If there is at-least one level of improvement say, I need to classify it as Improved. Below is few scenarios for example

Scenario 1:

Grade for student 1 in the study 1 assessment

Day 1:     3

Day 2:     3

Day 3:     2

Day 4:     2

Day 5:     2

Day 6:     2

Day 7:     2

If you check the above data the student has one level of improvement in day 2 when compared to day 1

Scenario 2:

Grade for student 2 in the study 1 assessment

Day 1:     3

Day 2:     3

Day 3:     3

Day 4:     1

Day 5:     1

Day 6:     2

Day 7:     2

Likewise in the above data the student has two level of improvement in day 4 when compared to day 3

So I need to find out the improvement levels for the Day 1 to Day 7 and if there is improvement, i will mark the student as improved.

If there is no improvement from Day 1 to day 7 it has to be classified as Not Improved.

I tried with previous value and Lookup function in tableau, however I am not able to get my desired output.

I have attached the workbook for reference. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karthik Venkatraman