6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2016 7:28 PM by Nicola Prime

Top 5 Filter / Adding additional dimension

Nicola Prime

Hi All,

Using the Global Superstore dummy data, I am trying to figure out the following:

1) Identify the top 5 products for a particular month (in my own data, I have built a filter and formula to select for example, November, and then October (previous month) and December (next month) will also appear)

2) I want to see November's top 5 and the corresponding sales for October and December (i.e. I do not want to see Oct & Dec's top 5) - so in other words, I want the month I select from my filter above to be the leader (in this example, November)

3) I need to add in Product Name - when I do this, my top 5 filters completely disappear and I am left with a long list.

I created my top 5 measure by using the below guide - I used the "Use Advanced Options in the Calculation (Alternative Example)"

http://kb.tableau.com/articles/knowledgebase/finding-top-n-within-category

Grateful if anyone can help demonstrate using the Global Superstore data - due to company restrictions, I can't upload the file!

Thanks a lot in advance!