3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2017 9:37 AM by Santiago Sanchez

number of pages

wiem bekir

Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to add number of pages whene using tabcmd export to pdf command.

D:

tabcmd export  "Changexxxxxxes"  --fullpdf --pagelayout landscape --width 1200 px -f "D:\Taxxxx\Operations.pdf"

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1. Re: number of pages
          Santiago Sanchez

Hi Wiem,

I'm not aware of a way to tell tabcmd to add a page number; however, what if you'd add a text object with this number to each dashboard you need to export? Or, if what you are exporting are individual sheets, add this number as part of a title of each view?

title.png

This way Tableau is already doing the job, not tabcmd.

This great blog post can also give you some other ideas: Paginating via tabcmd for full exported PDFs | Tableau and Behold!

Hope this helps!

• 2. Re: number of pages
            Dilyana Suleymanova

Hey Santiago,

I have a question to the page numbers. Maybe some users have the same problem like me.

If I put a text box on my dashboard and click on Insert, I don't have an option to page numbers

I have an option to sheets, titel and parameters. How can I get the option to pages? BTW: I use Tableau 10

Thank you!

• 3. Re: number of pages
              Santiago Sanchez

Hi Dilyana,

You're right. The page number would not come up on a text box. In the original question, as the report was to be printed, my thought was these page numbers would be rather static and so you could manually type the page number on the text box. If the order or number of pages is going to be changing regularly, I'd go with the title option.

Best,

Santiago

1 of 1 people found this helpful