4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 11:37 PM by David Li

Using Parameters in a Lookup Filter to Filter View

michelle.smith.2

Hi.  I have a Lookup function that is filtering a view so I don't filter the underlying data.  this allows me to keep the data I need to show a rolling 12 month trend over the current 12 month period.  So, in my example, the data point for January 2013 is really 2/1/12 - 1/31/13, and for June 2013 it's based on a rolling sum from 7/1/12 - 6/30/13.  I am using the Lookup function lookup(min([Order Date]),0) to only show the time period I'm interested in, and then I drop this on the filter and have to manually select the data range.  In this example, I want to filter the view for 1/1/13 - 12/31/13.  I also have two parameters, a Start Date and End date, that are currently set to 1/1/13 and 12/31/13 respectively.  Is there anyway to get the filter to reference those parameters instead of manually going into the filter and changing the dates?  I have this for a few different charts in my workbooks, and I'd like everything to update automatically when the stat and end dates are changed.

Thanks so much, and happy Thanksgiving!

Michelle