4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 2:59 AM by Luciano Vasconcelos

Space Problems in a server cluster

Luciano Vasconcelos

Hi Guys.

I'm having some space problems and I want to know which are the temporary files i can delete on worker node and where are they.

As you can see on print, more than 80% are already used.

This graph is: What's the most recent disk space usage?

Any help will be useful.

• 1. Re: Space Problems in a server cluster
          Nathan Panuco

Hi Luciano!

Have you tried running a Tabadmin Cleanup command? That will safely remove old logs and temp files and should clear up some space. If this keeps happening, there may be something else going on that could use additional investigation.

Thanks and hope this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Space Problems in a server cluster
            Luciano Vasconcelos

Thanks for answer.

Should this be done with server on ir off?

Enviado do meu iPhone

Em 22 de nov de 2016, às 18:47, Nathan Panuco <tableaucommunity@tableau.com> escreveu:

Tableau Community

Space Problems in a server cluster

resposta de Nathan Panuco em Server & Online Administration - Visualize a discussão completa

Hi Luciano!

Have you tried running a Tabadmin Cleanup command? That will safely remove old logs and temp files and should clear up some space. If this keeps happening, there may be something else going on that could use additional investigation.

Thanks and hope this helps!

Responda a esta mensagem respondendo a este e-mail ou vá para a mensagem em Tableau Community

Inicie uma nova discussão em Server & Online Administration por e-mail ou em Tableau Community

Seguindo Space Problems in a server cluster nestes fluxos: Caixa de Entrada

Este e-mail foi enviado por Tableau Community porque você é um usuário registrado. Você pode cancelar a assinatura da Tableau Community agora mesmo ou ajustar a frequência de e-mail nas preferências do seu e-mail

• 3. Re: Space Problems in a server cluster
              Russell Christopher

if you fire tabadmin cleanup "as is", it will only cleanup information in the PostgreSQL database of Tableau Server. If you want to remove old log FILE entries as well as temp files, execute tabadmin cleanup --restart

Doing so will bounce the server so that locks on files are released and they can be deleted. So, this'll mean a couple of minutes of downtime.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Space Problems in a server cluster
                Luciano Vasconcelos

Thank you Nathan and Russell.

I was afraid of running cleanup because is a high availability environment and when you reset a system there are always a huge possibility of problems.  I'll check if and when this is possible to be done.

Thank you guys anyway.