A few questions:
- Have you investigated how your calculation is working for instances where there is no [Resolved] date? I didn't dig too deep into your workbook, but it seems like these are not being reflected. Should they be?
- If these :unresolved" tickets still open, do you want a modified resolved date: a calc that will substitute the current day if it is null (not closed)? For example: if this incident is a medium priority (5 days) yet has not been resolved after 2 weeks, you know you can probably assign this to "Defect".
- Alternatively, you may want to add a third column for "still open" tickets. A calc using the the current day may mean a ticket is counted as OK one day, and a DEFECT the next.
Let me know what you think
I am very sorry for the delay! Great feedback you've given me, I didnt think of still open tickets and possible null values.
For unresolved tickets I use a Resolution time field that calculates against the day the report was run.
Unfortunately, I am progressing very slowly since year end activities leave little time to test in Tableau but I will keep you posted.
Thank you h!
I'm in the same boat (year-end has me going crazy). Let me know when you have time to delve into this more-- there are so many people here happy to lend a hand! Happy Holidays!