2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 23, 2016 11:30 AM by Alena Kragel

Ask to sign in second time - window does not open to enter credentials

Alena Kragel

Hi All,

Thank you for your time and help!

I wonder.

I just installed Tableau 10th and noticed that reports, downloaded from Tableau Server, asking to enter credential twice. Once you connecting to the source and second time when it tries to update/recalculate/upload data for this report. In version 9th, everything works as excepted, where as in 10th, I am pressing second sign-in button and nothing happens.

(See attachment)

PS. Yes, I try to connect with different reports and sources and still have the same issue - sign-in button should lead to update/fresh data in the report (like it does in 9th version), but it is not happening in 10th.

Could you explain to me why and how it can be fixed?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Ask to sign in second time - window does not open to enter credentials
          Sridharojamani PTM
          Hi Alena,
          You come across this till you publish data source connection to server. for example if you connected to oracle server and when every you try to open the application it will asked you to connect to DS before any action.
          Try publishing your DS to server.
          (Sridhar Mani)
          • 2. Re: Ask to sign in second time - window does not open to enter credentials
            Alena Kragel

Hi Shidhar,

Thank you for your reply, but unfortunately, I have no need to publish anything to server. I had download reports from it to use localy and I am trying to connect them to datawarehouse. In addition, if I create a report from scratch in the same Tableau decktop version 10 everything works, but it's not working to the report that have been downloaded from tableau server.

My issue is - Tableau asks my credentials and let me connect to source itself, then asked second time to choose the server (you see attachment) I am choosing the same server and it uses my credential as autosaved and in 9th version it just updated data in the report where as in 10th nothing happening.

Hope this make it more clear.

Thank you.