1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2016 11:51 AM by Sarah Ebreo

Create a View (Sheet) Selector for  Dashboard based on SSAS dataprovider

Sivasankar Muthusamy

Could someone suggest if it’s possible to create a view selector for dashboard base on the SSAS cube ? I have tried creating the view selector as per the tableau  online help however was not able to create them.

http://onlinehelp.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/help.htm#dashboards_sheet_selector.html

I was not able to filter the values on the calculated field I created , it does not have the option to add Custom Value List. Any workaround to achieve the sheet selector for dashboard based on the analysis cube. ?

• 1. Re: Create a View (Sheet) Selector for  Dashboard based on SSAS dataprovider
          Sarah Ebreo

Testing with Microsoft Analysis Services, I was able to create a sheet selector for a cube data source by replacing the calculated field in step 4 of the online help instructions with a separate calculated field for each worksheet I wanted to display.

After creating the Select a View parameter as described in step 2 of the online help, try the steps below:

1. Create a calculated field named "Display Map"
          2. Use the formula: IF [Select a View] = "Map" OR [Select a View] = "All" THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
          3. Place the "Display Map" calculated field on the Filter shelf of the Map worksheet.
          4. Select Range of values 1 to 1 and click OK
          5. Repeat steps 1-4 for each view you want to show in the sheet selector (e.g. for the Bar Chart worksheet use the formula: IF [Select a View] = "Bar Chart" OR [Select a View] = "All" THEN 1 ELSE 0 END and place the Display Bar Chart calculated field on the Filter shelf selecting 1 to 1 as the range of values)
          6. Continue following the online help instructions at step 9 to create the dashboard.

Let me know if this helps.

Best,

Sarah

1 of 1 people found this helpful