Job Opportunity! Senior Business Intelligence Project Manager
Brigham & Women's Hospital, Boston
We are looking for dynamic, motivated talent to join our Decision Support Systems team to help us move our analytics competencies to the next level to improve healthcare!
To apply to this position, please use this link: https://partners.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=3028163&lang=en
The Senior Project Manager organizes and manages resources (staff, budgets) to execute activities that support the successful implementation of the strategy for BWH’s analytics dissemination throughout the organization, via the implementation of key strategic projects as well as driving and facilitating analytics strategy and committee meetings. Our analytics strategy will include topics such as facilitating the right level of access to the right data for the right person at the right time, encompassing such topics as data governance, data security and access provisioning. Under the guidance of the Director for Decision Support Systems, the project manager provides administrative leadership for the realization of our analytics strategy as it pertains to our broader organizational goals. This includes organizing projects, workgroups, and steering committees, as needed, to achieve timely resolution to issues and to achieve goals; working closely with internal stakeholders, BWH leadership, as well as Partners HealthCare stakeholders. The project manager will work toward moving forward the vision and strategy of disseminating hospital analytics throughout our complex organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Supports the Director, DSS in establishing, refining and implementing a vision and strategy for disseminated performance metrics & analytics across the BWH organization, which includes Brigham & Women’s Faulkner Hospital and all inpatient, ED, surgery and ambulatory locations and staff
2. Performs analysis of existing data sources and reports within the electronic medical record, PHS Enterprise Data Warehouse, and other internal and external data sources available in order to provide suggestions on strategy and tactical matters based on knowledge of available data and reports
3. Leverages knowledge of business intelligence, data warehousing and hospital analytics to identify and implement improvements in the way analytics are delivered to BWH staff
4. Manage the implementation of a multi-year project to roll out Tableau dashboards to staff at all levels, including provider/surgeon dashboards on performance in order to drive improvement in transparency, cost, and quality for BWH as a whole
5. Manage the decommissioning of our existing analytics platform, the BWHC Balanced Scorecard, which has served to report high-level metrics to administrative and clinical staff over the past 14 years. This will include managing communications and expectations around data availability and training of the new tool
6. Under the direction of the Director, DSS, facilitate the BWHC Data Analytics Steering Committee, which includes key analytics stakeholders across BWHC to make decisions about the role, strategy, and further implementation of analytics across BWHC
7. Works with Director to manage project dependencies and timelines while reporting status and issues and risks to appropriate audiences
8. Will be involved with smaller projects and deliverables as needed, which may include providing data or reports to stakeholders
9. Collaborates with other BWHC and PHS departments as needed, on an ongoing basis
10. Represents DSS on internal and external committees or task forces as needed
11. Elicits data and reporting requirements from hospital administrators, clinicians, and other staff, using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, site visits, use cases, scenarios, data analysis, task, and workflow analysis
12. Ensure comprehensive Quality Assurance, and adequate documentation of programs, applications, and operational procedures as part of a project rollout.
13. As needed, performs data analysis against hospital systems such as Balanced Scorecard, SAS data sets, MS Access databases, Epic tools, external websites, and Business Intelligence platforms in order to glean meaningful insights and produce actionable reports for DSS customers
- 1. Respected leader with business intelligence/analytics, project management, health information technology and hospital/ambulatory clinical and/or operational experience
- 2. Masters Degree preferred
- 3. 2+ years of experience with healthcare analytics project implementations
- 4. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in leading complex projects and teams focused on data and analytics
- 5. Demonstrated experience managing cross-functional teams and projects
- 6. Strong competency with MS Office products, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- 7. Working knowledge of SQL and Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects, SAS BI, Tableau or others, as well as Data Integration tools such as Informatica.
- 8. Practical EHR experience is a plus
- 1. Demonstrated ability working with large data sets, performing data analysis and interpreting results
- 2. Demonstrated understanding of and experience with business intelligence, data warehousing and Big Data concepts and strategies
- 3. Demonstrated ability to execute strategy and achieve goals
- 4. Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- 5. Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed concentrated efforts to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary
- 6. Exceptional communication skills, including strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- 7. Experienced in planning, organizing, prioritizing, delegating and supervising, and working in a matrixed organization
- 8. Skilled at partnering with and influencing others
- 9. Skilled at facilitation and building consensus and navigating sensitive issues
- 10. Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness.
- 11. Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
- 12. Ability to be flexible, versatile and adaptable in day-to-day activities conducted in a multi-site environment.
- 13. Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines.
- Fast paced office environment that requires teamwork, collaboration, and flexibility.
- General day hours with flexibility to meet the demands of the position (e.g., some early morning or late evening meetings)
- Standard business environment with some travel between BWH and Partners sites
- May require travel for external training
- Organizes activities of decision support systems team as well as other BWH and Partners teams as needed for specific projects
- Manages project budgets and is conscientious about departmental operating and capital budgets.