2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 22, 2018 1:35 PM by Ralino Dacosta

Tabjolt JMX Port Issue

Zach Krzyzanowski

I'm trying to set up Tabjolt for my Tableau instance. 

• Tableau server is on an AWS EC2 instance and the Tabjolt server is on a separate EC2 instance.
      • JMX ports are enabled.
      • Windows Firewall turned off.
      • JMX Ports are open in AWS.
      • Running a Wireshark trace from JConsole shows dup and retransmission when communicating on port 443

JConsole does not allow me to connect from my laptop and I get the following errors when running Tabjolt:

C:\Tabjolt>go --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=240 --c=1

[2016-11-04 07:15:11,891] Perf harness is started with parameters: --rootPath=C:

\Tabjolt --t=testplans\InteractVizLoadTest.jmx --d=240 --c=1

[2016-11-04 07:15:12,016] Loading PerfTestConfig yaml file C:\Tabjolt\config\Per

fTestConfig.yaml

[2016-11-04 07:15:12,125] Loading ServerTestConfig yaml file C:\Tabjolt\config\S

erverTestConfig.yaml

-------------start collecting JMX counters--------------

Output File:C:\Tabjolt/results/2016-11-04_07-15-12/jmxcounter.tsv

-------------start collecting Zabbix counters--------------

Output File:C:\Tabjolt/results/2016-11-04_07-15-12/zabbixcounter.tsv

Failed to connect to the JMX connector due to the following error: NoSuchObjectE

xception: no such object in table

Failed to get the object from the pool due to the following error: NoSuchObjectE

The Health Service failed to open JMX connection with component: vizqlserver#1,

service URL: /jndi/rmi://staging.tableau.b-analytics.net:9401/jmxrmi

Failed to connect to the JMX connector due to the following error: NoSuchObjectE

Failed to get the object from the pool due to the following error: NoSuchObjectE

The Health Service failed to open JMX connection with component: dataserver#1, s

ervice URL: /jndi/rmi://staging.tableau.b-analytics.net:10001/jmxrmi

The Health Service failed to open JMX connection with component: dataserver#1, s

• 1. Re: Tabjolt JMX Port Issue
          Zach Krzyzanowski

I found a workaround for this in case anyone else comes across the issue:

I was able to establish connectivity between the two EC2 instances (Tabjolt and Tableau Server) by completing the following:

• I used the internal IP address of the Tableau instance i.e. 172.0.0.x rather than its public IP address
          • I opened up the required JMX ports along with TCP 135 and 445 in AWS and the windows Firewall.
          • 2. Re: Tabjolt JMX Port Issue
            Ralino Dacosta

Hi,

I have having similar issues with Tabjolt especially with the JMX counters in a multi-node environment

service URL: /jndi/rmi://W1:9401/jmxrmi

service URL: /jndi/rmi://W1:9401/jmxrmi

service URL: /jndi/rmi://W2:9401/jmxrmi

ervice URL: /jndi/rmi://W3:10001/jmxrmi

ervice URL: /jndi/rmi://W1:10001/jmxrmi

Here is my DataRetriever config file

Kindly advise if I'm missing anything

-Ralino