4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 11:28 PM by Bruce Segal

TUG Leaders at TC16 - Data Viz

Bruce Segal

Hey Folks:

Are you going to TC!6? Do you want to connect to fellow TUG leaders while there?

So far, 100 of us filled out Jordan Scott 's Google sheet to indicate we're attending TC16, and name the TUG we represent. Here's a data viz on Tableau Public using that data.

It be great if we had complete info for everyone in the sheet. We're missing data for many people for the TUG name you represent, plus the city, state/provence. So, if you already filled it out, go back and make sure it's complete. And if you're attending go fill it out. Then go back to the viz and see the updates. The viz takes advantage of the Tableau that automatically updates the viz as we update the google sheet. (Jordan Scott  do you want to post the link in this thread in case some people didn't get it yet.)

Here's, what I hope is, a little eye candy to entice you to feast on the interactive goodness. If you click the image, you will go to the viz, or right click it to open a new tab and stay in this forum.

BESegal's TC16 User Group Leaders Viz

(B/c it's on Tableau public I don't expose our email addresses or let people down load the work book. And I'll fix the way the map filtering works, so when you click on a country everything filters. Right now, filtering only works on the little dots for each city and I expect fitlering to work on both. I'll fix it. I'm using a dual axis map to give me a cloropeth map by country and a dot by cities. And this affects the filtering action. (And b/c it's on Tableau public I don't expose our email addresses or let people down load the work book.)

https://public.tableau.com/static/images/BE/BESTC16TUGGroupLeaders/TC16UserGroupLeaders/1.png