4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2016 2:15 AM by Leeanne Soo

Custom Geocoding for Cities Not Working

Leeanne Soo

I’m trying to map out all the accounts we have in Australia by cities but it has left out 500+ accounts as it doesn’t recognize them. I’ve followed the instructions to create a .csv file in order of Country, State, City, Latitude, Longitude and also include a Schema.ini file just in case. Did the import but nothing happens.

What am I doing wrong? Both .csv and workbook are currently sitting on the cloud shared drive, if that makes a difference?

• 1. Re: Custom Geocoding for Cities Not Working
          occtimap

Leeane

Custom Geocode Your Data

Did you follow this method?

I have done it several times and it worked

I went online to retrieve co ordinates and put it on the csv file then uploaded it

Let me know if you did this

Alexis

• 2. Re: Custom Geocoding for Cities Not Working
            Leeanne Soo

Yes I followed the link but it didn't resolve it. However, I made progress and figured I had to click on Billing City under the Dimension field itself to draw out the data that was uploaded. Not sure if this method means I'm extending the cities or am I overriding the in-built geos it with the .csv file??

Now I have a different issue - there's >100+ cities that are "Ambiguous.

1) I have cities with same names but they are listed under different States. Example of city with same name (Springwood), they appear in New South Wales and Queensland.

2) Another scenario is duplicate city name as the same State is listed differently. Example of duplicate city name (Sydney), they appear in State "NSW", "New South Wales", "Sydney"...as the State name is listed in our database that way.

I've listed the Latitude & Longitude for it but it doesn't pick it up. Added updated attachment.

Much appreciate the help!!

• 3. Re: Custom Geocoding for Cities Not Working
              occtimap

1) I have cities with same names but they are listed under different States. Example of city with same name (Springwood), they appear in New South Wales and Queensland.

=> I do not see the marks card, did you put STATES in the detail shelf, this may help

Alexis

• 4. Re: Custom Geocoding for Cities Not Working
                Leeanne Soo

I added the State field and still not working. In the example where city Springwood exists in both states Queensland and New South Wales, it's coming up with Ambiguous. The import file I used already has the Lat/Long specified so not sure why it's showing Null here? Also, is this method considered as extending City names cos that's what I intended to do, and not re-create new names?

Many thanks for your help!

showinn