4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2016 2:26 PM by Chitrarekha Saha

Display more than one bin in a worksheet

Chitrarekha Saha

I have created a worksheet where it displays only one bin, is it possible to add more bins in the same workbook for eg, SAT CriticalReading BestScore and SAT Writing BestScore.

Message was edited by: Chitrarekha Saha Atttached the most current version of the worksheet

• 1. Re: Display more than one bin in a worksheet
          Joshua Milligan

Chitarekha,

Sure!  You can create your own bins using a calculated field.  Something like:

INT([SAT Math BestScore] / 50) * 50

Would give you a bin of size 50.  Then use the field as a dimension (and discrete for headers).  You could then use a parameter to swap out which field was being used:

INT(

CASE  [Parameter Selection]

WHEN "SAT Math" THEN [SAT Math BestScore]

WHEN "ACT Math" THEN [ACT Math BestScore] 

WHEN ...

END

/ 50) * 50

The drawback is that these home-made bins don't allow you to "Show Missing Values", but in this case, it doesn't look like you were using that feature anyway.

Hope that helps!

Joshua

• 2. Re: Display more than one bin in a worksheet
            Chitrarekha Saha

Hi Joshua,

I am getting errors while creating the calculated field, please advice. With this approach I will be able to place SAT CriticalReading BestScore, SAT Math BestScore and SAT Writing BestScore in the

same workbook?

Formula

INT(

CASE [Parameter Selection]

WHEN "SAT Math BestScore(bin)" THEN [SAT Math BestScore]

WHEN "SAT CriticalReading BestScore(bin)" THEN [SAT CriticalReading BestScore]

WHEN "SAT Writing BestScore(bin)" THEN[SAT Writing BestScore]

END

• 3. Re: Display more than one bin in a worksheet
              Joshua Milligan

I'm not entirely certain I follow what you are trying to do.  I first thought you wanted to use the same field and swap out which bin was used, but maybe that's not what you want?  What do you mean "use [them] in the same workbook?"

• 4. Re: Display more than one bin in a worksheet
                Chitrarekha Saha

Here is what I have so far

I grouped the test score in bin in this worksheet which represents only SAT Math BestScore. Can I also add stacked bar graph in this worksheet to represent the SAT CriticalReading BestScore and SAT Writing best Score

SAT_Score_Bin.png