4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 3:09 AM by Sankarmagesh Rajan

Flexible screen resolution

Kor Ai Hui

Morning all,

I want to have a dashboard that able to view in Ipad but at the same time able to view in big screen, if I set the dashboard size to automatic, then I am unable to view in Ipad and if I set the size to Ipad, it will very small in big scree. How can I solve this problem?

Thanks & Regards,

Ai Hui    

• 1. Re: Flexible screen resolution
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Kor,

Solution to your problem is "Device Designer". I hope you are using tableau 10. After creating the dashboard, to your left side you will see the Device preview section. You can see that there are already two options available. One is the default and other is Phone.

Click on the Device Preview button and select the type as "Tablet". Select the specific model if its on the list. Click on the "Add Tablet Layout". This will add up one more options as "Tablet" where default and phone is mentioned. Now Click on Phone/ Default/ tablet to see one dashboard in different resolutions. Please refer to the below screenshot for the same.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: Flexible screen resolution
            Kor Ai Hui

Hi Ashish,

The dashboard to be viewed in server not in desktop version and currently are using Tableau version 9.2.

Thanks & Regards,

Ai Hui

• 3. Re: Flexible screen resolution
              Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Kor,

Above settings that I have mentioned are set in tableau desktop which are used by tableau server while rendering the tableau dashboard (Tablea userver 10 only).

In your case, you will have to format entire dashboard again by keeping the resolution in mind for Ipad or any other deivce. In tableau 10, this new feature is added, so that user will not have to create the separate dashboard and maintain the same.

-Ashish

• 4. Re: Flexible screen resolution
                Sankarmagesh Rajan

Hi Kor,

Please use range in dashboard .

It will adjust based on mobile to big screen.

Thanks

sankar