4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2016 11:44 AM by Dan Girard

Question about a Tableau Qualified Associate Practice Question

Dan Girard

Hi,

In my search for as many practice exams as I can get, I found one that has a confusing question and answer.

Here’s how the question is worded:

Which is not an action out of below?

• URL
      • Running
      • Filter
      • Tooltip

According to the author, the only correct answer is “Tooltip”. When I asked for an explanation, here’s what I got:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Running Actions

Depending on how the action is created, you can run an action using one of the following three methods:

• Hover
      • Select
      • Menu

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My answer back to them was that “Running” is not an action but the act of executing an action – a verb not a noun (e.g. Running Actions or How to Run Actions)

The author’s response was that “Once you have give this exam, you will have trickier questions or say confusing in your language. At the end of the day, you will have to deal with such questions when you sit for the examination”.

I would like your interpretation of their question and my response. My concern is that they are giving this exam (to potential candidates for the QA Cert) and they may confuse them with questions like this.

Please help me clarify this.

Thanks.

Dan