4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2016 9:35 AM by K V

Dash Board to Refresh on Every four Hours

K V

Hi,

We got the new requirement from our client to build the Call center dashboard and its to be refresh on every fours hours based in data uploaded into database. Please share your ideas/thoughts for this requirement.

If you anybody have sample call center dashboard could you please share with me.

Thanks in Advance.

Thanks & Regards

VK

• 1. Re: Dash Board to Refresh on Every four Hours
          Rahul Verma

Hi KV

Since, Refreshing can be done easily in Tableau. But if you want to refresh it automatically, then you need Tableau Server where you can provide schedules at the desired interval of hours/minutes/days etc. On the other hand, refresh can be done manually at Tableau Desktop Level whenever you want! Right click on the data source in any sheet and "Refresh". I hope this solves your query.
          Regarding dashboards on Call Centres, you can search them on Tableau Public. You will find something relevant there for sure.

Thanks & Regards

Rahul

• 2. Re: Dash Board to Refresh on Every four Hours
            K V

Thanks for Reply,

In Tableau can we do anything to link with database update, It means once database update happens then only need to refresh tableau dashboard. reg call center I will search in tableau public and let you know,

Thanks & Regards

KV

• 3. Re: Dash Board to Refresh on Every four Hours
              Rahul Verma

Hey KV

I am sorry Kv but I don't see any option in Tableau like that when Database gets updated, then only refresh happens at tableau. Because the scenarios is like this: Automatic Refresh in tableau can be done only by applying Schedules! So schedules have some Time specified. So let's say "Every Hour" Schedule is set on a dashboard. So whether you DB is updated or not, the schedule will run for sure in each hour and refresh will happen!

I hope this solves your query.

Thanks

Rahul

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Dash Board to Refresh on Every four Hours
                K V

Thanks for the update its clear, But I am thinking how to satisfy the requirement.