2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2016 1:10 AM by Andrew Moulton

creating a sum of previous periods based on a table of parameters

Andrew Moulton

Hi, I am trying to use a data source that is two tables ne of data and one of parameters defining the start and end of periods.

The Reporting week in the week parameters table is equal to the ISO Week in the volume table.

I basically want to get a sum of volume for the reporting week of the current year period and the previous year period that is defined in the weekly parameters.

I am at a loss! Can anyone help make sense of what I am trying to achieve using the sample data attached?

• 1. Re: creating a sum of previous periods based on a table of parameters
          Norbert Maijoor

Hi Andrew.

You posted your question already 2 days ago.

Could you elaborate on what you exactly desire with an example or a visualization so the community gets a better understanding.

For sure when the community has a good understanding they will be able to help out.

Upfront thanks a TON!

Have a nice one.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: creating a sum of previous periods based on a table of parameters
            Andrew Moulton

Attached is a document showing a screen shot of the end result data that I am trying to achieve and some more data.

Hopefully this will clear things up a bit more.

Any help would be awesome!!

"From the data we have a series of volumes for each ISO Week. The current year start dictates what ISO Week the current wee starts from, the current year end dictates the end period of the current year. The same applies to the back book calculations.

For each of these periods defined by the start and end of the period I need to sum the volume for each record where the ISO week field falls into the range defined by the first table with start and end periods.

I can achieve this for one week using parameters easily but I need to be able to list week by week in order to create a comparison and then a graph of the data over time.

I hope this gives a little more information about what I am trying to achieve?"