1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 28, 2016 3:54 PM by Simon Runc

Dashboard filter action - sort?

Mikey Michaels

Hello All,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have a quick question.

On the attached, I have three graphs - "Rank Bottom" that presents the difference in my measure "Seats" sorted in ascending order, "Rank Top" which presents the difference in my measure "Seats" sorted in descending order, and finally, "Sheet 2", which shows the difference in products.

What I'm after:

When my user selects a "Brand" from the "Rank Bottom" graph, is it possible for the dashboard action to sort the results in "Sheet 2" in ascending order? And also, when my user selects a "Brand" from the "Rank Top" graph, is it possible for the dashboard action to sort the results in "Sheet 2" in descending order?

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Mikey

• 1. Re: Dashboard filter action - sort?
          Simon Runc

hi Mikey,

Just looking through some unanswered posts and came across this one...If you still need help with this I think I have a way!...

In this link Sheet Swap with Action Filters...the simple version!

There is a trick to allow you to swap sheets on an action filter. So if you set up one sheet sorted ascending, another descending and then use the sheet-swap trick to show/hide the one you want that should do it. If you look at the last example I posted there, it shows you how to trigger different swaps from different sheets.

Let me know if you have any problems.