1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2016 10:06 AM by Yuriy Fal

Periodically Project Status in Tooltip

ahmed.hasnaoui

Hello vizzers,

I want to combine different techniques to visualize the Project Status in a Tooltip.

Each project has its project status consisting of several indicators which are collected periodically mid month.

This sounds like I need a LOD Calculation using {FIXED } but I have issues combining it with the latest period date.

I only want to see the latest entry and visualize it in the tooltip.

I followed this article here: https://interworks.co.uk/blog/tableau-tooltips-conditional-formatting/

My problem is, that the tooltip shows now multiple dots because it is not considering the latest period but all periods...

So I though I just need to take the MAX([PeriodStartDate]) and combine it with a LOD Calc. I saw something similar here:

Workbook: Florida State Seminoles - The Comeback Kids_AM

Where they use the LEFT() function to determine the # of dots to visualize, for me it would be 0 or 1.

Example:

LEFT("●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●",

{fIXED [Season], [Game] : MAX(IF [Team] = 'Florida State' AND [Quarter as Numeric] = 1 THEN [Score] END)})

But I can't get the latest period start date because I can't compare Boolean and Date or Agg and non-Agg values :\

This is what I tried but failed with errors:

LEFT(IIF([Status] = "Green", "•", ""),

{ FIXED [Project ID]: IF MAX([Report Period (Start)]) = [Report Period (Start)] THEN 1 ELSE 0 END})

With error: Cannot mix agg and non-agg arguments with this function and pointing to the equal sign.

Anyone can help me?

I will setup a sample workbook but I need some free time for that. Maybe you can help me already with the information provided.

Thank you all in advance!

Cheers.