3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2016 4:52 PM by diego.medrano

Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'ExecuteStatement finished with operation state: ERROR_STATE'.

donny.houck

Just recently upgraded Tableau Server to 10.0.  Tableau connecting to Hadoop

Just tried to build a simple report that joins 2 tables, producing a sum across 2 months worth of data and received the below error messeage:  tableau Error from server: error code: '0' error message: 'ExecuteStatement finished with operation state: ERROR_STATE'.

Wrote the same query via Custom SQL and produced the same error message.

I can remove Table A and select data from Table B.  I can remove Table B and select data from Table A.  I can select data from both tables directly against Hadhoop and run the same custom SQL against Hadoop (DB Visualizer, SQuirreL SQL and putty/command line).

Tableau 9.3 and 10.0 desktop with all recent upgrades.  Hortonworks ODBC driver for WIndows (32 bit and 64 bit).

Ive seen the other posts that refer to HUE vs. HDFS and the KB article that suggests I 'work with my Hadoop administrator to ensure I have permission to access the table' and can confirm that is not the issue.  Also confirmed that other users are now experiencing the same problems.

Thanks in advance for any insight!!!