8 Replies Latest reply on Oct 9, 2016 2:05 AM by Shivi Bhatia

Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet

Shivi Bhatia

Hi Team,

I am working on some call centre data and need few graphs to appear on the same page in Tableau.

Searched forums and google and youtube but not able to find an answer, please advice if i can have 2-3 on one single Sheet or i will only have the option to create a dashboard.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
          Sherzodbek Ibragimov

Hi Shivi,

usually you can have two charts in the same view/sheet, but there is  another option to have three charts in the same view with extra work.

if you are okay with two charts in the same view, it is called Dual Axis and you can follow this: Dual Axes

If you want to try three graphs then you have to follow this link: Is Multi axis graph possible in Tableau ? . yes it is possible but like I said it needs some work as Jonathan Drummey explained. I hope it helps you.

Sherzod

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
            Shivi Bhatia

Hi Sherzodbek,

Thanks for your reply, however this was not i am looking for.

The output i need is that lets say i need 3 graphs - 1) total calls for 6 months say Jan to June

2) Total calls split over weekdays

3) Total calls at day of the month level from 1-30 days and etc etc

Can i have 3 different charts like these on one page. I am sure this is very easy in other BI tools, i have extensively used Spotfire and its so easy.

Please suggest as you and others on the forum have great knowledge with Tableau. Thank you!!

• 3. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
              Mark Russell

Is there a reason that graphs all be on one worksheet rather than appearing on a dashboard?

• 4. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
                Shivi Bhatia

Yes Mark, there is a reason. Actually this is work force management data (raw data) for a contact center.

I want to provide a holistic view of the variables.This is just one variable. I have almost 25 variables and 45k data and if i have to analyze data on various angles then i would end up making 12-15 sheets or even more the way i am going now. And then adding that to a dashboard as a one single source of truth would not be possible.

I have AHT, ACW, Handle Time, Hold, Attendance, Login Hours, Month, Weekday etc so on and so forth to analyze the data on.

I hope this helps. Thank you.

• 5. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
                  Jonathan Drummey

Dashboards are probably going to be the way to do it because each chart has a different grain. Note that you can use parameters to swap out dimensions.

I'm not sure what you mean by your comment about single source of truth, something that Tableau helps reveal is that the "truth" has a lot of facets. If your data has 25 variables then there are a lot of different business questions that could be asked, I've never seen a single dashboard that could answer all the questions that could be asked of that many variables.

Jonathan

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
                    John Croft

Can you post your workbook? I'm sure we can give you options to consider.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    • 7. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
                      Shivi Bhatia

Hi John,

I would have loved to but sadly i am working on Tableau public hence i am not saving it to the public folder as it has real time customer data.

As a make shift arrangement i am making graphs and pasting it to a ppt & in the interim have raised for a license.

Thanks to the community for extending so much support to a newbie. Happy learning!!!

• 8. Re: Multiple Graphs in one tableau Worksheet
                        Sherzodbek Ibragimov

Shivi,

I agree with Jonathan Drummey regarding to meet your requirements by building them in separate sheets and bring them all in one or more dashboards. Also, keep in mind it may not be even possible to compare some variables in the view as dimension used may not match their purpose. For example if you want to analyze your login hours then your view should be in hour level to undertake your analysis while your monthly logins can be better analyzed if viewed in month level not hour level. Thus, even Tableau had an option to allow multiple graphs in the same view, it may not make sense to bring them to the same view as those variables you have and dimensions (hours vs days or month) you use may not match for your analysis. So, I believe you may group them based on similar dimension and bring them as 2 or 3 graphs per sheet and then bring them together in one or more dashboards.