B3
      b4

I want it like this

Header 1Header 2

A

a

B

b

Hence I want to remove Border across some rows. The rows have no relation. they are just different measures.

Please can some one help me out here!

• 1. Re: Is there a way to remove borders from some rows in a crosstab
          Patrick A Van Der Hyde

Hello Shruti,

I see you are new to the Tableau Community forums.  Welcome to our community. 

A dashboard and using two visualizations for your Aa vs Bb might be an option if the view does not have a lot of rows.  A  packaged workbook demonstrating the issue would be very helpful to see the situation in a bit more detail.  Please share a workbook or a screen shot image and we may be able to provide a few more detailed options. 

Thank you

Patrick 

• 2. Re: Is there a way to remove borders from some rows in a crosstab
            shruti.c

I have multiple measures and doing this on different sheets will be a pain.

I have this:

But I need this:

I cannot send a worksheet because i am in clients location and I do not have Tableau anywhere else.

I just want to be able to remove the divider between row "A" and "a". Similarly I want to remove the divider between row "B" and "b".

• 3. Re: Is there a way to remove borders from some rows in a crosstab
              Norbert Maijoor

Hi Shruti,

Find below my attempt which I stored at Tableau Public here

A. Bring Header 1 to the Row-schelf.

B. Bring Header 2 to the Row-schelf

C. Copy Header 2 once and bring it to the first position on the Row-schelf "un-tick" Show Header in the Text-menu.

D. Get rid of "ABC" placeholders explained here

E. Adjust "Band size" at Textmenu Forma > Shading > Band size

Hope my approach meets your desire. Let me know.

Have a nice day.

• 4. Re: Is there a way to remove borders from some rows in a crosstab
                Joe Oppelt

I would go with data banding too, as suggested by Norbert.

Tableau is not excel, so it's not going to have the same formatting specifics you do in excel.

In short, what you do to one row (or two rows), you do to all rows.

I do have one idea though.  I'm assuming you don't just have 4 dimension values called A,a,B,b.  let me ask some questions first.  Will this always happen with pairs of values?  Are there actually more than 2 pairs of values?

If you were to add another dimension to the data, you could bunch the pairs together with some bogus value.  First pair gets value = 1.  Second pair value = 2.  Etc.  Put that dimension on the rows column in front of the current dimension.  Right click on the pill for that dimension and turn off "Show Header".  The 1,2,3,4,... will be on the sheet, but not be visible.  It will bunch the A,a and B,b pairs together.

• 5. Re: Is there a way to remove borders from some rows in a crosstab
                  shruti.c

Thank you all for the suggestions. I am trying out the banding solution right now.

It never always happens in pairs. It can be with multiple measures.'A' , 'a', 'B', 'b' are all measures.