1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2016 1:17 PM by Shinichiro Murakami

Scenario Modeling: Intersect Point and Dynamic Labeling

Kate Eberle

Good afternoon,

In the attached workbook, I have two equations that reflect how different scenarios change over time given a certain quantity.

My supervisor has asked that I try to more clearly depict the point at which one option becomes better in the long run. I have a couple things I'd like to incorporate as a result:

- A dynamic text box that updates only after the two lines intersect with something like "Scenario 2 is more cost effective after X period when X widgets are ordered." The current workbook uses a static annotation and in my own copy the Tooltips update accordingly, but really I'd like a text box that updates as the user changes the quantity parameter.

- A dynamic drop line/ reference line down from the intersection point itself that will change as the quantity changes.

I've seen some solutions around the forums for intersecting lines, but nothing that quite gets me to where I want to be.

Thank you all for your time!

Best,

Kate

• 1. Re: Scenario Modeling: Intersect Point and Dynamic Labeling
          Shinichiro Murakami

Still detailed modification is needed but just a concept basis proposal.

[Scen 2-1]

ABS([Scenario 2]-[Scenario 1])

[Min difference Period]

{fixed:min(abs({fixed [Period]:min([Scen 2-1])}))}

[Period dynamic]

if [Min difference Period]=[Scen 2-1] then [Period] end

[Dynamic Comment]

if ([Min difference Period])=([Scen 2-1]) then  "Scenario 2 is more cost effective after ordering " + STR([Quantity Parameter]) + " widgets in period " + STR([Period dynamic]) + "."

ELSE "Scenario 1 is more cost effective after ordering " + STR([Quantity Parameter]) + " widgets in period " + STR([Period dynamic]) + "."

END

Thnaks,

Shin

1 of 1 people found this helpful