- Do you include your Excel files when you publish?
- Is your MySQL reachable from Online environment?
p.s. do you happen to have a support case already opened so I could look up more details?
1) yes I include the excel files, and 2) yes its reachable when I erase the excel and udate to tableau online it refresh, but with the excel it doesnt, the connection said that is update but the information isnt
And just to make sure - you are updating information (i.e. adding new rows) to MySQL. Correct?
So is this the full scenario then?
- Join MySQL and Excel file
- Make an extract of the datasource
- Publish to Server/Online with "Include files" and embedding credentials for MySQL connection
- Refresh extract on the Server/Online
Let me try this out...
yes, sorry my english is no that good, but yes when I refresh online it didnt add the new rows from sql is this normal or this have to add the new rows even if the excel stay the same?
Your English is just fine - I just need to get on the same page with you in terms of terminology.
So bad news first: If you are creating an extract then refreshing it on Online, unfortunately, this is not currently supported.
We are unable to differentiate different parts of your datasource and pick one to refresh and one to keep as is.
Have you tried using a live connection without an extract?
so u mean that I should try without using an extract in my Excel file and uploading like that or what do u mean? I ve try with google sheets but dont know why is giving me a lot of issues in the desktop so that why I am using my excel file
Extract with MySQL+Google Sheets should work fine and I would encourage you to try out both Extract and Live and see if performance is good for your scenarios.