6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 7, 2016 11:38 PM by SANDIP SHARMA

Malformed response for Tableau Data Server. Unable to connect to the server “Server URL”

SANDIP SHARMA

Hi All,

I have created an extract using excel super store data and the same been published to Tableau server to use. Now open my Tableau desktop and connected that extract using Tableau Server Data Source. I am able to connect successfully and create some sample workbook. Till here everything is working fine. I published the workbook to server. I am admin of the server as well as owner of the workbook with 100% privilege. Now I logged into tableau server just to test. Now I am getting error while opening the work book.

"There was a problem connecting to the data source “Your Data Source Name”; Malformed response for Tableau Data Server. Unable to connect to the server “Server URL”. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database. Error: Unable to connect to this Tableau Server data source."

I tried to deep dive the error using Tableau Data engine log and I found below error.

"tdeserver: connection dead: An error has occurred in IPC Socket::Recv(buffer length=16) 2016-09-21 13:56:50.928 (8848): An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"

My Server is in Azure zone. Please help me in understanding the root cause of the same. To fix this I installed the application two time after cleanup but no luck.