1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 16, 2016 12:48 AM by ottame.oettam

Google Analytics dynamic chart: is it possible to recreate it in Tableau 10.0?

ottame.oettam

Hi everyone, I was wondering if it would be possible to recreate in Tableau a chart like the one from Google Analytcs that you can see below:

Captura_de_pantalla_091416_102718_AM.jpg

Essentialy, this chart has the following features:

- you can manually select any period you want (start and end date)

- there's a quick menu with the most common used time intervals (last week, last 30 days, this year, etc.)

- if you want, you can compare the current results with another period (tipically, with a previous date)

- like before, you can manually select any date; besides, you can compare your selected period with the previous period or with previous year (same period)

I'll try to explain better the last point, wich I think could be the most difficult to achieve. Let's say that I have selected the period from 2 september to 13 september.

With the quick menu, I would be able to easily compare this period with the previous period (21 august - 1 september). Or, with another click, I could compare my selected period with previous year (2 september 2015 - 13 september 2015). I know that I could always manually select the start and end date for the comparison, but it's so much easier to just press a button and compare with the same period.

In the end, is it possible to do something like that?