4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 2:15 PM by Adam Crahen

Hide, not filter, rows based on ID selection

Dan Simmonds

I have a table of vendors with a calculated field that gives each vendor a score based on performance and then a percentile group that the vendor falls into based on their score.

Is there a way to only show a particular vendor without filtering out all underlying data? A filter will only include the data for the vendor selected effecting the percentile group, as they will be the only member of the population.

Message was edited by: Dan Simmonds

• 1. Re: Hide, not filter, rows based on ID selection
          Adam Crahen

Hi Dan-

You want this to work with just a single vendor selection or multiple?  You could create a calculation using a parameter =customer name/id and use this boolean calc on columns shelf.  Hide False and then you will just have true, but all the marks are still there.  You can add an 'All' to the parameter to show the entire population.

If you attach a workbook, we can help more.

Adam

• 2. Re: Hide, not filter, rows based on ID selection
            Andrew Watson

An alternative to the parameter would be to create a table calculation filter. For example LOOKUP(ATTR([VendorName]),0). Use this instead of the vendor name as your filter.

One weakness of this technique is the filter will only apply to the individual worksheet.

• 3. Re: Hide, not filter, rows based on ID selection
              Dan Simmonds

HI Adam

I have attached the workbook. The worksheet is labeled as Score/Percentile. It is included on the dashboard. Currently all vendors are listed on the worksheet but I need a way to isolate specific vendors, without filtering the data, so I  can publish a report to each vendor.

I am extremely new to parameters so any help would be fantastic.

• 4. Re: Hide, not filter, rows based on ID selection
                Adam Crahen

Hi Dan-

I can't see your worksheets.  You need extract your data when connecting to a server.

Try this though.

Create a parameter for your vendors.  If they are strings, select string for the data type and fill from the vendor field.

Then Create a calc like this:

Hide

[Vendor] = [Parameter]

Put the field the columns.  Right click on False and select Hide.  Then Hide the field label for true.

Now all the marks are still in the view, but only the vendor you have selected is visible.  You can use the parameters in the titles and stuff too.

Hope that helps.  Adam