2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 3:02 AM by Larsen Rennie

Tableau Performance Checklist made in Spreadsheet or Google docs

Larsen Rennie

Hello All

i am looking for Tableau Performance checklist format or if anybody who has prepared Checklist in Excel or Google docs spreadsheet. I already have the documents but but i am looking for a neat, clean and precise checklist prepared in google docs spreadsheet or Excel . The basic purpose of this is that when some ask to publish a dashboard into Production , we can refer that checklist against that particular dashboard and record the findings of the dashboard in the checklist whether it fits the particular point in the checklist or if the particular point in the checklist is not applicable on the dashboard. If anybody can provide me the sample tableau performance checklist , that will be very helpful. I have checked some sample checklist but not able to find which one will suit best

Thanks all in advance

Regards

Larsen

• 1. Re: Tableau Performance Checklist made in Spreadsheet or Google docs
          Carl Slifer

Howdy Larsen,

Have you found this checklist helpful? Obviously you may need to transfer things to a spreadsheet on your own if the layout isn't appealing. One of the issue with checklists is its not simple, there are a bunch of if this's then that's and they would branch out quite a bit. However the list is a good place to start. You can also look into performance recording as well. This will actually help you target where things are going wrong.

Best Regards,

Carl Slifer

InterWorks

• 2. Re: Tableau Performance Checklist made in Spreadsheet or Google docs
            Larsen Rennie

Hey Carl

Thanks for the detail information and its quite helpful. But the problem which i am facing is that i am mostly into Tableau development and adminostration and i have been tasked to prepare a checklist which we can imply against each dashboard. Earlier i prepared in Power point the checklist but my management is looking to prepare the checklist in excel or google spreadsheet. I can put the contents which can affect teh performance of Tableau dashboard but the only thing which i am looking for is sample spreadsheet(need not to be specifically for Tableau) and then i can put my Tableau content in the checklist

Regards

Larsen