4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2019 12:20 PM by Toby Erkson

Customize schedules on Tableau Server

Veronica Simoes

Hi Support Team,

How can I schedule  an Exttact REfresh or Subscription to run every 20 minutes or 45 minutes ?

schedule.png

• 1. Re: Customize schedules on Tableau Server
          Matt Coles

You can set up a schedule that is Disabled, then trigger it programmatically with tabcmd runschedule. Individual extracts can be refreshed with tabcmd refreshextract. So typically, people do this by setting up a Windows Scheduled Task that calls a batch file with the tabcmd call in it, and they set it up to run however often they want it to run.

4 of 4 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Customize schedules on Tableau Server
            Toby Erkson

If you know how to write to the Tableau Server db then you could create a schedule then over-write the value in the public.schedules.minute_interval field:

Naturally this is unsupported by Tableau.

I have no idea how to over-write objects in the Postgre db nor how to even get that access

4 of 4 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Customize schedules on Tableau Server
              Divya Bhati

Hi All,

I want to ask 1 question regarding custom schedule . To create custom schedule do we need to have site administrator role, Can publisher role create 3rd of every month schedule.

• 4. Re: Customize schedules on Tableau Server
                Toby Erkson

Divya Bhati wrote:

I want to ask 1 question regarding custom schedule . To create custom schedule do we need to have site administrator role, Can publisher role create 3rd of every month schedule.

To create a Schedule in the Tableau Server you need to be have a Server or Site Administrator role.

To create a Schedule on the server that is running Tableau Server you need to have the rights to create a Windows Task Scheduler task and execute tabcmd, however, those rights have nothing to do with Tableau Server roles but with computer User Accounts (Local Users and Groups)