1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 3, 2016 6:43 AM by lenaic.ridinger

How do i develop the mockup from attached image?

Sahil Khatter

Hi,

So i am trying to build the below mockup in Tableau 9.1 but cant figure out how to add multiple columns for each KPI. Could only add 1 column.

VarianceScoreCard.png

Can someone guide me on how to show the above in tableau and provide answers to the below questions?

1. The value for each KPI will be different and may also be calculated from different tables. What kind of structure will i have create in excel to get the same?
      2. What if there is only 1 table? What should be the structure?
      3. For the 7th KPI (Total Claims With Variance), i need the number (Count) of claims with variance. How do i show the count in the actual's column since the excel file has a lot of rows and only those rows which has variance (Total payment made is not 100%, could be less or more that 100) should be shown in that count.
      4. How do i add the other columns in Tableau like Target, % Goals, % Goals MTD here? Should i also add a separate column for all these in the excel for each row? (The value for these are not present in excel but can be calculated.)
      5. Can i add trend lines in the trend column?

Please let me know if any more information is required.

P.S. I can make any changes to the data or the excel file and it structure. Just need to get this done.

P.P.S. - I am pretty new to Tableau so please ignore if there are any Stupid questions

• 1. Re: How do i develop the mockup from attached image?

Hi Sahil Khatter,

Could you please share a workbook with your Data? That will help us showing you how to build this.

However, here are some answer to your questions:

• The value for each KPI will be different and may also be calculated from different tables. What kind of structure will i have create in excel to get the same?
            • Exactly as it is, without the calculated parts. We will include that into your workbook afterward.
          • What if there is only 1 table? What should be the structure?
          • For the 7th KPI (Total Claims With Variance), i need the number (Count) of claims with variance. How do i show the count in the actual's column since the excel file has a lot of rows and only those rows which has variance (Total payment made is not 100%, could be less or more that 100) should be shown in that count.
          • How do i add the other columns in Tableau like Target, % Goals, % Goals MTD here? Should i also add a separate column for all these in the excel for each row? (The value for these are not present in excel but can be calculated.)
            • No don't add these columns directly into your Excel, we will populate this directly onto Tableau Desktop.
          • Can i add trend lines in the trend column?
            • A Trend column? You can create a scatter plot afterward if needed for example, and then you can enable the Trend lines from here if you want to.

(Yay, Balsamic! )