1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 15, 2016 8:00 AM by Marshall Mills

Errors occurred while opening the workbook "address". The load was not able to complete successfully.

Arvind Shekhawat

I created this Tableau workbook with two dashboards on sample superstore data. I created an extract as well. i saved the workbook as .twbx. I was saving the workbook throughout my work. My laptop shut down and now when i am opening the workbook, I am getting the error :  Errors occurred while opening the workbook"address". The load was not able to complete successfully.

I have attached the workbook as well as the extract i created.I am using Tableau 9 desktop version. I am not getting much help online. Can you guys please see what is the issue and how it can be fixed? Its urgent !

• 1. Re: Errors occurred while opening the workbook "address". The load was not able to complete successfully.
          Marshall Mills

Hey Arvind,

I tried doing a file comparison between your "Sample - Superstore.tds" and a previous one I used.  There's some important differences.  But, I see you're using 9.0; whereas the earliest version I've used was 9.3.5.  So a direct comparison may be misleading.

Just Want "Sample - Superstore.tds" Working

If there's no or little alteration in the data; your fasting route to getting up and running is to just recreate "Sample - Superstore.tds" from scratch.

Why Does "Sample - Superstore.tds" Have Problems

If you want to see what's actually going on, and since .tds files are just XML files, I'd suggest the following:

1. Create a new data source file from scratch.  E.g. "Sample - Superstore-new.tds"
          2. Do a file comparison between
            "Sample - Superstore.tds"
            "Sample - Superstore-new.tds"

Snapdeal.twbx Is Bad

Sorry, but your "Snapdeal.twbx" file is corrupted.  .twbx files are just .zip files.  So, you can verify this for yourself by:

1. Renaming "Snapdeal.twbx" to "Snapdeal.twbx.zip"
          2. Attempt to open this zip file.
          3. You should see a similar error that I did.
            WinZip Error.png

Hope this answers your questions,

Marshall