2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 2:35 PM by Rebecca Haft

Manual Data Entry

Rebecca Haft

I have a data set of around 2000 entries with 8 measures that I have weighted and averaged into a total score.  However, two of these measures are qualitative and must be self defined by the tool's user; at the moment they are defined for 60 out of the 2000 entries.  I would like the user to be able to enter the appropriate data values for these two measures as they use the tool, with those data points then contributing to the total calculated score.  Ideally, the data entry would be directly into a table created on a Tableau Worksheet.

Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks,

Becky

• 1. Re: Manual Data Entry
          David Li

Hi Rebecca! As far as I know, there isn't a great way to do this within Tableau only except by using parameters. Do the two measures have different values for every record in the data set?

As an alternative, you could have the user enter the measures into Excel and then use that Excel file as a data source.

• 2. Re: Manual Data Entry
            Rebecca Haft

Thanks, David.  That has been my understanding, but I figured someone might know a workaround.  They are binary measures, so there will be different values throughout the data set but only two.