2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 31, 2016 5:40 AM by Guilherme Leitão

synchronizing the State filters in 2 map same dashboard to work the same way

Guilherme Leitão

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to sync the way the State filter work.

Let me explain.UFsSemFiltro.png

I have this dashboard with this 2 maps.

When I click in one of them (second image)

UfsComFiltro.png

In this case I clicked on the green one. You can notice that the red one show now only the state that I Clicked and the scale changed, If I click on the red one, It will happen to the Green one too.

In this case I want to make the red one work like the green one (Not changing the scale and shadowing the other states).

So both graphics work the same way.

Example, If I click in the state of Rio de Janeiro in one of them, I want both of them not to change the scale and shadow the other states. (Like the green one on the second image).

Or at least, the worse scenario I want to make both of them to work the same way

Is there anything I can do to do that?

• 1. Re: synchronizing the State filters in 2 map same dashboard to work the same way
          Mahfooj Khan

You can create color KPI threshold of your state growth %.

e.g;

if [State growth]<0.2 then '<20%'

elseif [State growth]<0.4 then '20-40%'

elseif [State growth]<0.6 then '40-60%'

elseif [State growth]<0.8 then '60-80%'

else '80-100%

end

then drag this to color shelf and assign the colors.

Give a try or share a sample workbook in .twbx format.

Mahfooj

• 2. Re: synchronizing the State filters in 2 map same dashboard to work the same way
            Guilherme Leitão

The ideia I want to make is.
            When to click some State to filter the charts.

both charts do the same thing,

The first image, is without filter...

The second one, I clicked in 1 state on the green graphic.

The better thing to do for me is, If I click on the green one, (2nd image) [The green one shadows the other states, the red one vanish the other states]
            I want to the red one shadows the other states, like the green one does.

If it's not possible, I want to know if it is possible to make both of them work the same way.

Maybe both of them vanishing all other states.

If I filter by the filter on the right (Not on the image) instead of clicking the UF on map. both graphics vanishes all other states.

That's not the best solution for me, as I said. but It is better than if they work in different ways.