3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2016 1:20 PM by Tom W

Multiple Charts into 1

Michael Franz

So I have 3 charts:

1. New Business (bar) and laid over is New Goal (circle)
      2. Renewal Business (bar) and laid over is Renewal Goal (circle)
      3. Total Business (bar) and laid over is Total Goal (circle)

Instead of 3 dashboards. I was hoping to consolidate into 1, but creating a parameters "Type of Business" = New, Renewal, and Total

I do have a field called "Type of Business" with the following fields: New, New Goal, Renewal, Renewal Goal (to get total, you select all 4)

I know that I can tell the end user to AWAYS select the correct combination, but that leaves it up to them making bad choices. I was hoping to simply it. Because of the issue, I've created 3 DB's and left the dimension of "type of business" off as a selection. I've preset it.

Michael

• 1. Re: Multiple Charts into 1
          Tom W

Hi Michael,

What's your question exactly?

If you're looking for further help on how to build the chart for your scenario, please upload a Tableau Packaged Workbook.

• 2. Re: Multiple Charts into 1
            Michael Franz

Tom,

Regarding packaging up the data, there is confidential information in the file. So, I'm not sure how to avoid that..... On the other hand.

I need a "parameter/filter/calculated field"?? to change the selection of a chart. As previously mentioned.. I do have a field called "Type of Business" with the following fields: New, New Goal, Renewal, Renewal Goal (to get total, you select all 4)

I would like a "new parameter/filter/calculated field " that has selection of New, Renewal and Total. If you select New, then New and New Goal are on the chart, if you select Renewal then Renewal and Renewal Goal are on the chart instead. If you select total then Total and Total Renewal are on the chart.

Right now I have 3 DB's to accomplish this.

• 3. Re: Multiple Charts into 1
              Tom W

Create sample data which has the same structure and upload a sample using that.

Generally speaking though, create a new parameter with a list of your metrics.

Then create a calculated field like;

IF [parameter] = "New" then SUM([NewField])

elseif [paremeter = "Renewal" then SUM([Renewal Field])

elseif .....

END