2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 7:32 AM by Nadir Steinmetz

Attaching file to Tableau dashboard

Nadir Steinmetz

Hello everyone,

Please, would anyone happen to know if it is possible to attach files (such as pdf) to a dashboard just like I would attach a file to this forum? So that when someone clicks on this attachment it will automatically download this file I attached.

Regards

Nadir

• 1. Re: Attaching file to Tableau dashboard
          Kathryn Bridges

Hi Nadir,

Unfortunately, I have not had a lot of luck with this. What I have done in the past is the following:

if you add .pdf to the end of your Tableau dashboard URL, it will make it a .pdf

If you add .csv to the end of your Tableau dashboard URL, it will create a .csv file of the first alphabetical sheet in your dashboard.

Using this, I have published what I want users to see when they click, taken this URL and added either .pdf or .csv to the end, and then created a Tableau sheet with a URL action that when clicked, takes a user to this .pdf or .csv file. Otherwise, I would just recommend using a click action (On your dashboard menu, select Dashboard->Action->URL Action) to point to the particular site, and instruct them to download from there.

Hope this helps!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Attaching file to Tableau dashboard
            Nadir Steinmetz

Hi Kathryn,

Thank you for your answer! Seems like what you wrote is indeed the best alternative.

Regards

Nadir