2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 30, 2016 1:16 AM by Manuel Gruber

Excluding Values of one List depending on another list, when the items of both list have the same origin

Manuel Gruber

Hello,

I want to filter one List and all other Graphs etc. on the Dashboard and the following dashboards, depending on a list that has the same items.

Example1.JPG

So if I select Furniture on the left side it should be "excluded" on the right side. (Filter Nr.1)

Then I want to select a second Department that I want to compare it to. (Filter Nr.2)

The Bar Chart on the bottom should then only include this two selected departments.

I attached my easy example.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Excluding Values of one List depending on another list, when the items of both list have the same origin
          Benjamin Greene

I realize this isn't exactly what you wanted, but I think it's pretty close. Here's what I did.

1. Rename "Sum of Sales" to "Exclude," Duplicate that sheet, then rename this new one to "Compare."

2. Drag "Compare" into the Dashboard below "Excluded," Click Dashboard>Actions from the menu bar, edit Filter 1 to only target "Department2" and "Excluded," Click OK.

3. Click Add Action>Filter and make the source "Department2" and the target "Compare." Run the action on Select and then click OK.

4. Go to "Department2," right click the Action Filter and select Edit Filter. Click Select from list and then click the Exclude button and click OK.

5. On the "Excluded" and "Compare" sheets, drag SUM(Sales) to Columns and right click the axis. Set the Range to Fixed, click OK, then right click the axis again and deselect Show header.

Now, the dashboard should behave the way you intended.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Excluding Values of one List depending on another list, when the items of both list have the same origin
            Manuel Gruber

Okay this works for one dashboard.

I thought I could adjust it to more Dashboards but I cant

Is there a possibilty to use the selected filters as temporary variables?

My idea is to create a new "calculated field", for each selected filter, like:

"Filter 1 Sales"

SUM(Sales) FOR Department = [Filter 1]

This would be ideal. Because I would need to define more than one of these

EDIT: Basically I then want to use one column two times, divided by the two filters. LIke this

Example.JPG