2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2016 12:37 AM by Subrakant Pradhan

Problem with MDX Groupings in Filters

priya.danda

Hello All,

I am using Tableau 9.2 and MSAS Cubes.

I am facing some problems when I use MDX Groups in filters,I have attached sample cube for your reference.

I have created a calculated member called

"Consumer+Corporate" = [Customer].[Customer Segment].[Corporate]+[Customer].[Customer Segment].[Consumer] (as seen in sheet1)

As you can see in sheet1 the above calculated member is giving me correct result which is 1,947,274. (sum of consumer and corporate)

In Sheet2 I am trying to display order priority with Month/Year, I have also applied Customer segment as filter(Selected segments are consumer and corporate)

In "sheet -Consumer+Corporate filter" , I am trying to display order priority with month/year same as sheet2, I have also applied Customer segment as filter (selected segment is "Consumer+Corporate" calculated member). According to my understanding both sheet2 and Consumer+Corporate filter sheet should display exact results, but that is not the case as you can see in Consumer+Corporate filter sheet is not showing correct values (instead it is not filtering at all).

Kindly let me know how to use filters on MDX groupings.

Thanks in Advance,

Priya