4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2016 8:56 AM by Bayapa Reddy

Saving dashboards so others can read them

gene shackman

I hope this is basic. How do I save dashboards so others in my group can read them. What are my options? I would like to save a dashboard on our local area network, because these are all me testing things, so I don't want to use Tableau Public. I also don't want to have to ask people to download tableau reader. I would like to make it easy for my colleagues to check out my dashboards to give me feedback.

Any way I can point to some file on our LAN and say, look at this?

I'm using Tableau 10.0 on windows 7. I opened a new dashboard, dragged in a sheet, saved the .twbx file (file / save). Now what do I do?

• 1. Re: Saving dashboards so others can read them
          Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi,

Do you have tableau server?

Tableau Server, by Tableau Software®, is an online solution for sharing, distributing, and collaborating on content created in Tableau.

• 2. Re: Saving dashboards so others can read them
            gene shackman

I don't think we have server. Is tableau on line something different than server? But those are both on line. Is there a way to save a dashboard onto our local network so my colleagues can open the dashboard, without needing to download anything?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Saving dashboards so others can read them
              Toby Erkson

gene shackman wrote:

...Is there a way to save a dashboard onto our local network so my colleagues can open the dashboard, without needing to download anything?

Thanks

For what your demands are, no.

You need one of the following:

• Tableau Server or Tableau Online (which is Tableau Server hosted by someone else)
              • Tableau Reader
              • Tableau Public (which you've chosen not to use)

Those are your only options.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Saving dashboards so others can read them
                Bayapa Reddy

Hi gene shackman,

please go through the below differences between tableau products like Tableau Desktop,Tableau Server,Tableau Online,Tableau Reader,Tableau Public.

Differences between Tableau's Desktop/Server/Public/Online versions

Tableau Desktop

Tableau Desktop is common for everyone. The Tableau Desktop contains different types of development tools, which helps to perform development activities. The Tableau Desktop used to visualize and analyze data, helps to create stories, dashboards, workbooks and visualizations. It also helps to convert picture data into optimized database queries. But Tableau Desktop is not secure for visualizing data.

Tableau Desktop is divided into Personal Tableau Desktop and Professional Tableau Desktop.

Personal Tableau Desktop

Data Sources Cannot Connect To All Listed Data Sources

Price $999

Professional Tableau Desktop

Data Sources  Connect To All Listed Data Sources

Price  $1,999

Tableau Server

Tableau Server can be collaborated for any organization. Tableau Server is said to be a sharing tool, which helps to share and create data visualization for any organizations and fully secured. In major, it safely distribute interactive data in website or web. Creating new workbooks and dashboards are restricted in Tableau Server. It is used as an elevated concert data sources for desktop users. Tableau Server is highly secured for visualizing data. The Price of Tableau Server depend upon core licensing.

Tableau Online is also an elevated concert data sources for desktop users. The Tableau Online is hosted in cloud version of SaaS. Tableau Online is limited for editing of workbooks, dashboards, visualizations etc. Tableau Online is also highly secured for data visualizing. The Tableau Online version price is $500

Tableau Public

Tableau Public is free tool offered by the Tableau organization. The Tableau Public is mainly used for publishing interactive data in online, which can be accessible by everyone. Tableau Public is not secured one and anyone can access the data and download.

Find the image below will give clear picture