4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2016 6:51 AM by Manuel Rodriguez

How to have multiple tables in the same position inside of a container.

Manuel Rodriguez

Hi everyone,

I would like to know if its possible to have two tables inside of a container in he same "coordinates".

When I introduce two tables in my example(attached), they occupy different places inside of my container even if I have selected the "Entire view" option for both of them. Is there any possibility of having both tables in the same position? In this concrete case it does not seem to be very important but when your dashboard is full of information, it generates a bad impression.

Please find attached a simple example of my problem using the Global Superstore database:

In this case, I selected two tables that shows the sales by period for two different States of USA(Alabama and Arizona). Using a Parameter, I am able to hide/show one of the tables depending on the parameter. If I select Arizona, the table with data from Arizona will show and then Alabama will hide and vice-versa. If you have a look at the dashboard, when you change the parameter option from one State to the other, you will see that the position of both tables is not the same.

Please, let me know if you have any doubt.

Thank you in advance.

Manuel

• 1. Re: How to have multiple tables in the same position inside of a container.
          Michael Hesser

Hi Manuel;

I was able to get your sample to work by modifying the x/y positions of the floating containers.

I made sure the initial views were exact (they were)... but it seemed to work for me. Please see attachment and see if this is what you're looking for!

As an aside: rather than having one view/state... is it possible to have a single worksheet that uses your state parameter? This could save you A LOT of work!

• 2. Re: How to have multiple tables in the same position inside of a container.
            Manuel Rodriguez

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your quick reply.
            The problem of this technique is that you loose the Tooltip information from one of the tables. In this case Alabama. This is caused by the floating order, the one is "Above" will show the tooltip information, but the one blow won't.

That is something I was trying to solve using the containers, if you have a look to my dashboard, you can consult the tooltip information from both tables. However, there are not in the same position and that is my problem. Any idea about how to solve that?

In this case the best option is your solution because all the information it is showed in the table. Nevertheless, lets imagine that I have this issue with two different maps. In this case, the Tooltip is fairly important to explain the map. That is why I am trying to get both the tooltips and the same position for the Tables/Maps.

Best Regardsm,

Manuel

• 3. Re: How to have multiple tables in the same position inside of a container.
              Michael Hesser

Hi Manuel;

I think you're getting this problem because as you pop you views back and forth, each container *still* takes up a bit of space.

Maybe you could hack this by including a blank title and modifying the font size?

Is it necessary to have multiple worksheets? Why not have a single worksheet, filtered by state? Your Tooltips will be reflective of the filtered data.

Good luck!

• 4. Re: How to have multiple tables in the same position inside of a container.
                Manuel Rodriguez

Hi Michael,

Regarding your suggestion. Could you Illustrate an example of that? I tried by myself but I was not able to have my tables in the same position.

Regarding the necessity of multiple worksheets: Well, this is an easy example with "fake" data. In my real problem I need multiple worksheets because each of them have concrete calculations that explain each of the views. Each worksheet is a Geomap therefore I do not want to loose the tooltips that provide a lot of value to each map.

Thank you again for your time!

Best regards,