1 2 Previous Next 23 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2018 3:53 AM by Nick Hughes

Problems with trusted auth after Tableau 10 upgrade

Jorge Tautz

Hello, i'm the server admin of a small deployment of Tableau Server, after the update to Tableau 10 the web authoring via trusted authentication isn't working properly.

I have a simple application where my users log in to access some visualizations that Tableau generates, they can edit them too. With Tableau 9.x that was working fine, when i've installed Tableau 10 the web authoring stopped working. The user was able to enter the web authoring, but when the first interation occurs the server redirects to the default Tableau login page.

Looking at the network activity on the browser, there were erros with the 403 Forbidden code, on calls to vizportal/api/web/v1/getDatasources and vizportal/api/web/v1/getSessionInfo the server docs page on trusted auth has a FAQ entry for that HTML response codes.

Setting the vizqlserver.protect_sessions to false solved part of the issue, now i can enter web authoring mode, but can't save any modification.

Again looking at the network activity there is a 401 Unauthorized response on the same calls. Specifically when I click on the "Save as" options the response is 401 Unauthorized from a call to /vizportal/api/web/v1/getWritableProjects.

Anyone has a solution for this? or have experienced the same issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 2 Previous Next