1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 16, 2016 6:05 AM by Luciano Vasconcelos

Dynamic update of Group in Tableau???

Karthikeyan Arjunan

Hi All,@

I am Working on a Dashboard and I am facing the following Scenario Kindly please Check and help me to resolve this Issue.

Scenario:

Table Name: Forecast (to which my dashboard is connecting)

Note: Table Contains Forecast records for each product for each customer  for the next 50 to 60 weeks. So it is getting refreshed every day.

Table Structure:

Last_Week on  Wednesday (Table status):

Year

Week(50)

Product

Account

Promotion_Number

Forecast

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

Current_Week on  Wednesday (Table_Status):

Year

Week(50)

Product

Account

Promotion_Number

Forecast

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

W 50

P1

C1

My requirement is to compare last week data with current week data.

(For example : On Last week Wednesday forecast value for product p1 and customer c1  and promotion number  1 for week 50 is 24

On Current week Wednesday forecast value for product p1 and customer c1 and promotion number 1  for week 50  is 29 . So the variance is 5)

Note that current week doesn’t contain promotion 6  as it was present in last week. My KPI should highlight this.

To Achieve the above requirement I have created master data which contains cross join of year,week,product and account (Scaffold method) using this I  have compared last week and current week data.

ISSUE:

I have one lookup file which contains two columns

Product

Technology

P1

T1

P2

T1

P3

T3

User wants to filter by technology to see the comparison. So By referring that file I have created group called technology  in my master data by grouping products.

But every week there are new products are coming up so user has to download the workbook from production and assign those new products to technology.

Kindly please suggest is there anyway we can update this group dynamically without downloading the workbook.

Note:

I have used lookup file as secondary data source and blended with column product to assign technology to each product.

But when you are selecting technology in the dashboard(which contains 6 KPI’s connecting to technology) it is taking huge time to filter all KPI’s for that technology.

And they want to select product associated with technology but if we are using that as secondary data source I am not able to show relevant values for that technology it is showing all product list in the filter.

Thanks in Advance...........