8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 10, 2016 1:34 PM by Joe Oppelt

Global Map calculated field as  tool tip

naveen.yanamadala

Hi All,

I am having  A Filled Map showing 3 measures in a parameter globally.

Assume I have measures as shown in below image as  C1,C2 and C3 .  but here data is separately rolls up Allcountry, region and  country.

Now wot i need to show on the tool tip is like:

Region :  <ATTR(Region)> 

Country count for <Parameters.Measure :>: <SUM(Calculation1)>

Overall Region Count:

Here- I have created a parameter with C1,C2. and C3 measures

-- Sum(calculation1) =

(if [Measure]= 'C1' then [C1]

elseif [Measure]= 'C2' then [C2]

elseif [Measure]= 'C3' then [C3]

end)

In the below view For example if i hover on australia in my map and look for tooltip values I should  have country australia  count as 1,503,108 which I made it

Now my requirement is if i need to show in tool tip for overall region count as 8,930,660  as Region count for ASIAPAC.

Note : Region count is different and countries sum for that region is different.

Expected tooltip output:

Region :  ASIAPAC

Country count for C1: 1,503,108

Overall Region Count: 8,930,660

Please help me on this !!!

• 1. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
          Joe Oppelt

It would really help if you uploaded a sample workbook.

You want to do a WINDOW_SUM( whatever puts out 1,503,108 for Australia ) and have it restart every [Region].

And it's a lot easier to show you how to do that with your own example than to try to explain it conceptually.

So hack up an example that simulates what you have.  You don't need all the countries (or even all the regions).  Just a few of each.  And you don't need real data.  Just load it with bogus values.  It's simple to do with an excel data source.  Mock up the map you have now with the simple data set, and we can go from there.

• 2. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
            naveen.yanamadala

Hi Joe,

Thanks for response..Please find the attached workbook with sample data.

we should show  tool tip as:

Region :  ASIAPAC

Country count for C1: 40

Overall Region Count: 90

If we hover over australia - we can get country count as 40 and Region count should be 90 ( not 100 if we add all countries in that region).

Note: Region count  is near to the actual aggregate count for country but not the same

Thanks,

• 3. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
              Joe Oppelt

(Note to self:  V92. workbook.)

• 4. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
                naveen.yanamadala

Sorry I didnot get your workbook file

• 5. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
                  Joe Oppelt

Actually, I don't understand why you say it shouldn't be 100.  Sheet2 says that Maldives is in ASIAPAC.  In fact, sheet2 shows that there are 190 total in ASIAPAC because of the 90 in country=NULL.

In the attached I created a calc called Region Count.  I put it on the data shelf, added it to the tooltips, and edited the table calc to cycle through the countries and restart every Region.  (See Sheet 1).

On Sheet3 I made a copy of the calc, and added in a condition not to add "NULL" countries.  Now you get 100.

If you want to exclude other things, you can modify the condition using the same sort of concept.

• 6. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
                    naveen.yanamadala

HI Joe,

Just a small clarification to your previous post,  90 in region = null but not 90 in country = null.

As i mentioned in my previous post country sumup in a particular region is not equal to region sumup for all the countries in that region, both counts vary a bit according to my actual data.

So in the sheet 3 toop tip we should get REgion count= 90 for ASIAPAC than 190

Any clew on how to get the above count plz. Appreciate your help as i am still a beginner to coding part.

Thanks,

• 7. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
                      naveen.yanamadala

Thanks, I got the code right for showing 90 count by modifying yours calc field..really thanks for taking your valuable time

• 8. Re: Global Map calculated field as  tool tip
                        Joe Oppelt

The table calc addresses the table by dimensions.  There is a dimension called [Region].  In Sheet 2 there are 5 rows under [Region]="ASIAPAC"

But now I see what you mean by Region as highlighted in your screen shot.  It's a special row in the data, not a group of rows differentiated by a dimension.

You indicated that you got it worked out.  You probably modified the calc to say, IF ATTR([Country Class] <> "Region" ...

But I still see 4 other rows on sheet 3 that have [Country Class]="Country", and the 4 values are 10,20,30,40, which add up to 100.  (Australia, China, Maldives, Nepal.)

But yes, it looks like you can eliminate these rows that have [Country Class] = "Region" because you can derive them with the calc we have in this example.  For that matter, you may be able also to eliminate the whole column [Country Class] if the only two values you have there are "Country" and "Region".