2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2016 1:03 PM by Eddie Hussey

Creating an Application Roadmap Chart

Eddie Hussey

Hi All,

I'm very new to the Tableau product but from what I can see it is a fantastic product. However I am trying to develop a graph that shows the status of applications in our IT environment. Essentially we will have a whitelisting of all applications. The applications will be assessed into 3 categories: currency, resilience and security accreditation. Each will have a rating scale from: V High(5) - V Low(1). Each application will also have a target rating and a current rating inside the categories. I essentially want to map all the target and current ratings together against an application within that category. I've attached some sample data with my report strawman in excel.

The closet I've been able to get to in Tableau is separate circle view charts i.e. a separate chart for the target and the current ratings for each category. Essentially I want to merge/overlay them for each category. I've also attached a Tableau view I've created.

Looking forward to expanding our reporting capability by using Tableau.

Cheers

Eddie

• 1. Re: Creating an Application Roadmap Chart
          Carl Slifer

Hi Eddie,

Still a bit confused what you are after but it sounds like you want things on the same axis/ Same view? Right click the second green item on your rows shelf and choose dual axis, its about 3/4 of the way down on the list I believe. Next right click the secondary axis that you've created and say synchronize axis.

You could probably also make this a shared axis chart but you would need to drag your second green item onto the y axis created by the first. Then you will need to use measure names as on the shape shelf and application on colour.

Cheers!

Carl Slifer

InterWorks

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Creating an Application Roadmap Chart
            Eddie Hussey

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the reply. That seems to be pretty close to what I want.

Cheers

Eddie

1 of 1 people found this helpful