3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 5, 2018 6:31 PM by Lee Feinberg

Promote use of Tableau in a company

Tomas Greif

Hello,

can you share your experience on how you promote use of Tableau in your company? Is there anything that worked for you to increase the adoption of Tableau for daily use? Center of excellence? Trainings? Informal meetings?

Thank you

• 1. Re: Promote use of Tableau in a company
          Simon Runc

hi Tomas,

That's a great question...I think you might find the following discussion on the Community (last year) has some useful stuff

Cross Tab Reporting vs Visual Analytics

Although the discussion is on Cross Tab (read Excel!) vs Visual Analytics...it soon turned into people posting how they have got Visual Analytics, in general, embedded in their companies....lots of great ideas and tips in there.

• 2. Re: Promote use of Tableau in a company
            Andrew Watson

Are you promoting usage of Tableau amongst developers or usage of reports produced in Tableau?

If the former a centre of excellence seems to be a good way to go.

If the latter it's quite simple - identify your users and produce high quality dashboards giving them the information they need easier than they currently get it...and identify some 'power users' to assist in the design/build process and to promote the reports developed.

• 3. Re: Promote use of Tableau in a company
              Lee Feinberg

Hi Tomas, just came across your question.

Fair warning, I'm a Tableau customer who started a consulting firm specializing in this area.

We look at the success of Tableau as a communications problem, not a data or software problem.

Our solutions come out of a framework we call ATHENA Rising. 

If you are still thinking about this, happy to hear more about what's changed in the last two years.

I wish you a happy day,

Lee

www.DecisionViz.com