3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 5:24 PM by Dale Forman

New line character in ToolTip

madhuri.tanniru

Hi,

Is there a possibility to add a new line in ToolTip

Currently, this is what I have in the calculated field to be displayed in the tooltip.

Ideally, I would need the tooltip display the previous value soon after it finds ";"

Currently, everything is wrapped and is not easily readable in this situation.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,

-Madhuri

• 1. Re: New line character in ToolTip
          Tharashasank Davuluru

Hi,

try to use this:

Extract first word after specified word

Description: Extract the first word from a string after a specified word

Example: Extract the first word in [Text] after the first occurrence specified in parameter [STR Parameter 2]

IF FIND(UPPER(" "+[Text])+" ",UPPER(" "+[STR Parameter 2])+" ") > 0 THEN
          MID(" " +[Text]+" ",
          FIND(UPPER(" " +[Text]+" "),UPPER(" "+[STR Parameter 2]+" "))+LEN([STR Parameter 2])+2,
          FIND(
          MID(" " +[Text]+" ",
          FIND(UPPER(" " +[Text]+" "),UPPER(" "+[STR Parameter 2]+" "))+LEN([STR Parameter 2])+2)," ")-1)
          ELSE
          ""
          END

How does it work?

The IF clause checks if the string contains the specified word ([STR Parameter 2], first FIND statement)). MID starts to extract two positions right to the specified word (second FIND): the position of the first character of the specified word plus the length of the specified word plus 2 (blank right to it). The third FIND statement looks in the remaining string (i.e. the text after the specified word and the following blank) for the next blank, i.e. for the end of the next word after the specified word. Subtracting 1 cuts off the blank behind the searched word. This result is the number of characters, the first MID function will return. i.e. the first word after the specified word.

Adding blanks at the beginning and the end of the string and the search string ensures that only entire words are found (i.e. not parts of a word). UPPER functions make the search case insensitive

• 2. Re: New line character in ToolTip
            madhuri.tanniru

Thanks for your response Tharashasank! Unfortunately that didn't work.

I was able to come up with the solution

This is what I have done with my calculated field

Thanks,

-Madhuri

• 3. Re: New line character in ToolTip
              Dale Forman

Hi Madhuri

How do you give different color in tool tip for same data item. As you have done for your calculation.

Thanks

Dale