2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2016 1:02 AM by Bethany Laursen

Filtering map leaves dots from filtered-out states

Bethany Laursen

Hi. I'm working with this dashboard: https://public.tableau.com/shared/RDPKYBQ6H?:display_count=yes

When I filter the map, there remain "place holder" dots in states that were filtered out. Is there a way to remove these dots?

Thanks, B

• 1. Re: Filtering map leaves dots from filtered-out states
          Ashish Chaudhari

Hi Bethany,

You have did this by using measure name and measure value. I guess instead of using the quick filter you should be using the parameter instead. This will help you to check the country wise sum(metric)>0.

Currently since all metrics are coming from measure name we can't created calculated field as above.

Please try creating parameter based on based on which column should be switched. Put sum(metric)>0 in the filter and select "True"

This would exclude all the values which are 0 or null. Give it a try and let me know if you are able to do it. If not I will provide you the solution.

Thanks and Regards,
          Ashish Chaudhari

• 2. Re: Filtering map leaves dots from filtered-out states
            Bethany Laursen

Hi, Ashish:

Thank you for helping me. I tried to create three parameters: (1) State/Province (2) Country and (3) Working Group. However, I wasn’t able to create (3) and I also couldn’t create calculations for (1) and (2). I just don’t know how. Can you help?