1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2016 8:31 PM by Manideep Bhattacharyya

Visualization tool comparison

Georgina Fields

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to visualization and am comparing the different tools available. So far, I have made the following comparison summary. Could you let me know if any of the categories are factually incorrect or if any major categories are missing?

Thank you for your help

QlikSenseQlikViewTableauSAS Visual AnalyticsSpotfire
      UseVisualizationBI and VisualizationVisualizationVisualizationVisualization
      Data connectionFlat files, common servers, common cloud providersFlat files, common servers, common cloud providersFlat files, common servers, common cloud providersFlat files, common servers, common cloud providersFlat files, common servers, common cloud providers
      ETL capabilitiesNoYesNoYesYes
      Ease of useEasyMore difficultEasyMost difficultEasy
      Ability to create overview dashboard leading into detailed dashboardsYesYesYesYesYes
        • 1. Re: Visualization tool comparison
          Manideep Bhattacharyya

Hello - ETL can't be parameter to judge a visual tool's capability. May be I am a bit harsh on this. But while evaluating a visual tool we have considered following five parameters and compared capabilities among visual tools.

These days most of the tool can connect to any data / cloud / database, so I have ignored that point as well.

The ROI for project sponsors is "Rapid Implementations" of Self Service, visual, Map Based interactive dashboards.

Thanks,

Manideep

2 of 2 people found this helpful